7 Feb 2012

Sometimes life deals you an ace...


Sometimes I think people lose sight of what's important in life. Too often we read about this frame these wheels etc etc. Which is all well and good, we all love to ride a bike that's as individual as we all are. But that's my point 'Riding the bike', no matter what the bike is has to be the most important factor in what we do. This mornings ride to work brought that into clear focus for me. On the deserted cycle track, frozen snow crackling beneath my tyres, -5˚ making its way into the very depths my lungs. As the sun breaks the horizon I remember why cycling is so important to us, it releases us from the hum-drum, it sets the world to rights, sets us free. All for the meager price of a bit of effort and a few calories! Sorry about the shitty iPhone photo, the best camera is the one you've got with you they say. Right now, I'm smiling a smile that should see me through a day of toil, to the reverse ride home again, this time in the dark! Bring it on! Ride safe people...Nick.

1 comment: